- Microsoft U-turn in Xbox games row→
- Interview: Commissioner Neelie Kroes on the Digital Assembly, Dublin?s Digital Masterplan and women in IT (video)→
- Xcom iOS app priced at premium→
- Xbox 360 remains tops in US console market→
- Top 10 ideas from Marketing & Advertising over the last 12 months→
- Goggle-mounted swimming monitor gives real-time feedback to athletes→
Latest Online Advertising News
Online advertising in Ireland rose 12.8 per cent to 73.2 million euro in the first half of 2012, according to the latest Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) data. This compares with a 6.7 per cent decrease in advertising spend in the traditional media for the same period.
In the past 12 months some 55 per cent of senior managers across a range of UK businesses have adapted their strategies to make more use of social media, according to a recent study from the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) and global marketing and technology agency, LBi.
The US Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), an online advertising industry coalition that has a set of self-regulatory standards for behavioural advertising, has advised its members to neither recognize nor support for enforcement purposes the do-not-track setting on the new version 10 of the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.
A quarter of people in the UK are unaware that data collected through personal internet usage is used to develop products and services and deliver targeted offers, according to a recent report commissioned by mobile provider O2.
The size of the screen on a TV, PC or smartphone does matter for consumers of advertisements but is overshadowed by other variables, according to a unique ad effectiveness study by IPG Media Lab and ad software provider YuMe.